Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 2 - LOTSA DRIVING!!!

Man, oh man, today was a LOT of driving! Soooo tired now!

Anywho....so we took off from our Provo hotel @ 5:20a.m. . . it was pouring rain, and of course, the girls got in the car and promptly went to sleep! I was so jealous! LOL Actually, I LOVE driving through Utah! Our first stop was in Rock Springs, WY for gas & Starbucks. It was 45* in Rock Springs!!! Unbelievable with it being JUNE! :) Check out the leopard chaise lounges the Starbucks had! We just had to get pics of the girls taking advantage of them! :)

The big highlight of today, though, was our visit to Mt. Rushmore. Believe it or not, it was exactly a year ago today that we were visiting the same spot! :) The difference this time, is Myranda was with us! Her first visit. So fun! Check out the photos!

Now we are tucked in at our hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota. Tomorrow will be another early morning, and we'll head out for our final destination. . .Springfield, MN!

(p.s. - I'm having issues uploading pics to this blog. I'm going to go ahead and post the narrative, or I'll never get this up, and as soon as I can figure out what's going on with the photos, I'll add those!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment